Help. Circle/Triangle Geometry: Show OMP' is similar to OMP

John1234

Show OMP' is similar to OMP:
https://ibb.co/fDCfHo
asdf.jpg
I am not sure if there is not enough information, but upon graphing, the relationship holds. Even with arbitrary points M, P and P', the two triangle seem to be similar...?
Except I cant prove it.
All we know:
1. OM is shared (S)
2. angle MOP' is shared (A)

Aren't we are still missing one more relationship for the similar triangle proof?

EDIT: the radius, the center of the circle O and point P are fixed, but M can lie anywhere on the circumference, and P' can lie anywhere joining O and P within the circle.

Last edited:
zbfJwLX4aucAAAAASUVORK5CYIIA

I am not sure if there is not enough information, but upon graphing, the relationship holds. Even with arbitrary points M, P and P', the two triangle seem to be similar...?
Except I cant prove it.
All we know:
1. OM is shared (S)

Aren't we are still missing one more relationship for the similar triangle proof?
I think you need to add a picture of the triangles with your post!

View attachment 9617
Except I cant prove it.
All we know:
1. OM is shared (S)

If you hold P fixed and move P', there is no way the two triangles could always be similar! What is it that you graphed??

Surely you must have been given some additional information about a relationship between P and P'. Please quote the entire problem, exactly as given to you.

If you hold P fixed and move P', there is no way the two triangles could always be similar! What is it that you graphed??

Surely you must have been given some additional information about a relationship between P and P'. Please quote the entire problem, exactly as given to you.

Sorry, we are fixing P and the circle, and P' also has to lie anywhere on the radius of the circle. M can lie anywhere on the circumference of the circle.

This was thrown at us in a lecture slide, which has an unsatisfactory proof of the similar triangles.. (?):
https://ibb.co/d0whXo

So is something actually missing?

Sorry, the radius, the center of the circle O and point P are fixed, but M can lie anywhere on the circumference, and P' can lie anywhere joining O and P within the circle.

The problem was just thrown at us by my lecturer:
Capture.jpg
And he continued the proof.... So is there something actually missing?

This is the third time trying to reply to a comment. Did the moderator die or are they that ridiculously lazy?:
I have updated the question. we are fixing O and P, but P' can lie anywhere