LaTex

Simonsky

I'd like to present my questions properly using 'real' maths notation. I'm assuming this site can work with LaTex code? If so can anyone link me to a guide to the symbols and how you apply them. I've done some searches but can't seem to find a neat list of the symbols and corresponding maths notation.

presumably, once you know the symbols it will appear in the forum as maths notation -have I got this right.

Thanks

I'd like to present my questions properly using 'real' maths notation. I'm assuming this site can work with LaTex code? If so can anyone link me to a guide to the symbols and how you apply them. I've done some searches but can't seem to find a neat list of the symbols and corresponding maths notation.

presumably, once you know the symbols it will appear in the forum as maths notation -have I got this right.

Thanks
I suggest that you postpone dealing with LaTeX. It can be very fussy and will distract you from concentrating on math.

However, if you want to try, the symbols that are most useful are

\ge for greater than or equal

\le for less than or equal

\ne for not equal

\approx for approximately equal

\entails for entails

\text {....} for plain text

\dfrac{numerator}{denominator} for a fraction

A more comprehensive (but not complete) list can be found at http://artofproblemsolving.com/wiki/index.php?title=LaTeX:Symbols

To invoke the LaTeX parser at THIS site, start with [ tex ] and end with [ /tex ] WITHOUT THE SPACES.