During a fiesta ,there a bands has 18 members the 2nd has 24 members and the 3rd has

Jerico

During a fiesta ,there a bands has 18 members the 2nd has 24 members and the 3rd has 36 members thet were told to march do reast w/ the same no. Of members in each row.HOW WOULD u arrange ur land if u were the one of the band leaders.

During a fiesta ,there a bands has 18 members the 2nd has 24 members and the 3rd has 36 members thet were told to march do reast w/ the same no. Of members in each row.HOW WOULD u arrange ur land if u were the one of the band leaders.
What are your thoughts regarding the assignment?

Please share your work with us ...even if you know it is wrong.

If you are stuck at the beginning tell us and we'll start with the definitions.

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/for

Let's first try to clarify what this means fixing typos and perhaps mistranslations. I think it's something like this:

At a fiesta, there are three bands. One has 18 members, the second has 24, and the third has 36. They were told to march ("abreast"?) in such a way that each band has the same number of members in each row, and each row should be full (no partial rows). What row size will make this possible for all three bands?

If this is right (nothing is said explicitly about my idea of full rows or about all the bands making the same decision), then the answer should involve something about factors and multiples.

What ideas do you have? Where do you need help?

For example, 18 can be factored as 1x 2 x 3 x 3. Combining into 2 factors, 18 equals 1 times 18, or 2 times 9, or 3 times 6, or 6 times 3, or 9 times 2 or 18 times 1.

Those correspond, in order, to "18 rows of 1 person each", "9 rows of 2 people each", "6 rows of 3 people each", "3 rows of 6 people each", "2 rows of 9 people each", or "1 row of 18 people".

I was thinking exactly along those lines too, HallsofIvy. I think you nailed it.