Forum issues

I just posted a test post in that thread, and had no issues. Did you get the issue straightened out?

Did you get the issue straightened out?
No, but I am able to post the word "testing". Ha.

Maybe something in the text is triggering the error message, but it should not. I typed the text using Microsoft Notepad. There's not supposed to be anything other than ASCII characters.

I will try to post that text in this thread.

Nope -- I cannot post that text in this thread either. I get the same error message:

Error: 500

We call this an "internal server error."

Oops. Something isn't configured right on our server. This is probably our fault, and not yours. With any luck, if you just repeat what you were trying to do the problem might go away. Or, you can check back later and see if we've put down the pizza and fixed the problem :)

Are you using the WYSIWYG or Source Mode in the editor?

I'm using v-Bulletin's very buggy WYSIWYG (which ought to be referred to using the acronym WYSINWYG).

I'm using v-Bulletin's very buggy WYSIWYG (which ought to be referred to using the acronym WYSINWYG).

Yeah, it's a real PITA to code for (or should I say around) as well, as it's an inline document (iframe) and requires reading and writing raw HTML to it. I curse it every time I have to write code to account for its use.

Try posting that same text using the Source Mode editor...

Mark, after reading your e-mailed response, I have confirmed that removing the following equation from the problematic text resolves the issue. Yet, I am able to post the equation below.

2.78 + 3.61 + 3.61 = 10.00

However, my first two attempts to post THIS message failed, with the same error. I got it to work only after I arbitrarily shortened the first paragraph above. What a waste of time!

That's certainly a new one for me. I could see nothing wrong with the text, nor any formatting characters embedded, etc. Things like this can certainly be time consuming and frustrating, that's for sure.

From now on, whenever I get that 500 infernal server error, I'll simply quit trying to do whatever it is that v-Bulletin won't let me do.

On the plus side, I discovered that the settings now offer three interfaces, instead of two: (1) the full-fledged, screwy WYSIWYG, (2) plain text, and (3) something in-between. I'm going with the one in-between for awhile, to see whether I like it any better.