False advertising or honest mistake?

Ask anyone who purchased a membership and participated in only one race if that one race was free.
What's their number? ;)

Or, can you provide the specifics about what exactly happened? Are you privy to Go Kart membership terms and conditions, as well?

What's their number? ;)

Or, can you provide the specifics about what exactly happened? Are you privy to Go Kart membership terms and conditions, as well?

I suppose my opinion could be biased by the Life Insurance Business. While the courts have often relied on Contract Language, they have not ALWAYS done so. In significant cases, the courts have relied on what the consumer believed, rather than what the contract actually said. Over the course of this shift in belief system and interpretation, blame has landed everywhere, consumers, financial advisers, agents, and companies. Endless regulations have popped up. It has irked me quite a bit that furniture sales, and auto sales, and yes, even Go Kart has been allowed to get away with similar ambiguity in the effort to get consumers to believe things that simply are not true.

I'd be a lot happier with the language: "The membership fee is $60, and this includes the cost of the first two races." To me, this means the REAL membership fee is $10.00 and the first two races cost the same as all other races, $25.00. Of course, there may be bylaws that dictate where Membership Fees can be spent more liberally than Race Fees. This would motivate Go Kart to say it the way they do and would change nothing for the consumer.

Who knew the go kart business could be so complicated? :)