why 2 circles of 5cm diameter are not equivalent to a circle of 10cm diameter?

scrlet

[h=2]why 2 circles of 5cm diameter are not equivalent to a circle of 10cm diameter?[/h]and how many circles of 5cm diameter put together are necessary to fill the same space and be equivalent or superior to the circle of 10cm diameter?

please can someone help me?

Last edited by a moderator:
why 2 circles of 5cm diameter are not equivalent to a circle of 10cm diameter?

and how many circles of 5cm diameter put together are necessary to fill the same space and be equivalent or superior to the circle of 10cm diameter?

please can someone help me?
How would you define equivalency of circles?

Circumferences are equal?

Areas are equal?

How would you define equivalency of circles?

Circumferences are equal?

Areas are equal?

i mean in diameter

i made draws

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

so to fill the same space of the 10 cm diameter circle, it's needed 4 5cm diameter circles???

or more?

i mean in diameter

so to fill the same space of the 10 cm diameter circle, it's needed 4 5cm diameter circles???

or more?

Yes, the area of any figure is proportional to the square of its size, so that if you multiply the diameter by 2, you multiply the area by 4.

For a simpler example, consider a square whose sides are 5 cm. You can put 4 of them together to make a square whose sides are 10 cm.

Yes, the area of any figure is proportional to the square of its size, so that if you multiply the diameter by 2, you multiply the area by 4.

For a simpler example, consider a square whose sides are 5 cm. You can put 4 of them together to make a square whose sides are 10 cm.

ah thank you

so a sphere of 12cm is as big as 4 spheres of 6cms put together right?