Jomo & Denis take (on) the cake

Originally Posted by Denis (timestamp lost)

If he gives each of 8 friends 12% of the cake, he will give them 8(12)= 96% of the cake having 4% left for himself …x

Forget it Halls … the OP was 23 days ago, so the cake is stale by now :rolleyes:

Moderator Note: Once in awhile, vBulletin sends a post into the ether. I had to recreate Denis' post, after a failed post move. I hope I correctly remembered the text and smiley. Denis' original did not contain the quotation; I added that as a position reference (in the source thread).

...and hates proofs :wink:
That's the last straw. Math and proofs go hand in hand. Seriously go sit in the corner and think about what you said. I respect your math ability but come on....

That's the last straw. Math and proofs go hand in hand. Seriously go sit in the corner and think about what you said. I respect your math ability but come on....
I hate proofs...

I hate proofs...
And meanwhile no one has given the algebraic proof I could not find, nor shown that such a proof is impossible. You guys are too busy with gluttony to help me out. I really thought it was an interesting problem (which probably merely proves how little math I know). And save me a piece of stolen cake: like kisses, cakes are sweeter for being stolen.