Systems of linear equations: solving method

Illvoices

Hello, I want to know what is it called when you solve a system of linear equations. Thou the solving requires to i so late a variable to figure it's value. For example like shown in the one below:

11e+9=22
11e=14
e=11/14

What is this trend called?

Hello, I want to know what is it called when you solve a system of linear equations. Thou the solving requires to isolate a variable to figure it's value. For example like shown in the one below:

11e+9=22
11e=14
e=11/14

What is this trend called?

You meant, of course, e = 14/11. Right?

This part can be called, just as you (almost) said, "isolating the variable", or just "solving for the variable".

But I wonder if you are talking about the method of solving a system of equations in which you isolate one variable from one equation, and put the resulting expression in place of that variable in the other equation. That method is called "substitution".

For example, if we had the system

3x + 2y = 16
x - 3y = -13

we might solve the second equation for x,

x = 3y - 13

and substitute that for x in the first equation,

3(3y - 13) + 2y = 16

and solve:

9y - 39 + 2y = 16
11y - 39 = 16
11y = 55
y = 5

and use the solved equation to find the other variable,

x = 3(5) - 13 = 2

Ok so it has to be what I'm getting from all around, which is solving a system of equation.

I'll find a way to make sense of this and determine it with my problem. Thank you all

Ps. Don't find it weird if I ask what a method of a skill is of some mathematical equation, is just that I like to say the steps of my solving as it goes.