666er

Denis

Using only:
+ : exactly 4 times
- : exactly once
* : exactly 2 times
concatenation : exactly 2 times

create an expression that equals 666,
and the digits appear in ascending order.

EDIT: ALL 10 digits must appear exactly once each,
and in ascending order... 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Last edited:
Using only:
+ : exactly 4 times
- : exactly once
* : exactly 2 times
concatenation : exactly 2 times

and > > > the digits < < < appear in ascending order.

\(\displaystyle 0 \ - \ 0 \ + \ 0 \ + \ 0*1 \ + \ 1*333 \ + \ 333 \ = \ 666\)

and the digits appear in ascending order.
Shucks; forgot to mention that ALL 10 digits must appear exactly once each,
and in ascending order... 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Denis, would you suggest UBasic, for this one? (I think that's your favorite flavor of BASIC, but I can't search your posts anymore, to confirm.)

I ask only because my bottle of 600mg Ibuprofen is almost empty, and I wouldn't want to waste any making false starts by hand.

PS: You gonna correct the OP? :cool:

Denis, would you suggest UBasic, for this one? (I think that's your favorite flavor of BASIC, but I can't search your posts anymore, to confirm.)

I ask only because my bottle of 600mg Ibuprofen is almost empty, and I wouldn't want to waste any making false starts by hand.

PS: You gonna correct the OP? :cool:
Edited my OP.

I did it by hand.

YES...UBasic is still my love :rolleyes:

When I was in sixth grade, I pondered how time would run slower, were the earth's spin to decrease, because days would be longer. What a waste of time that was. Still haven't found a way to find more time.

Heh, didn't take long, once I actually got to work. (89 was a big hint.)

\(\displaystyle 0 \cdot 1 - 2 + 34 + 5 + 6 + 7 \cdot 89\)

… UBasic is still my love
I need a BASIC compiler for the new machine. I wanted to try UBasic, but it's so old they don't have a version for 64-bit machines. I found an application called DOSbox, for running older programs on newer machines. I'm now able to run UBasic, and the instant I first saw UBasic's interface, I said, "That's BASICA!"

When IBM sold its first personal computer (running Microsoft DOS), they included their own BASIC compiler. The first release was called IBM BASIC (1980). They updated it a few times; at some point, they changed the name to BASICA.

Here's a screen shot of IBM's interface. It's identical to the UBasic version I installed. Is this interface what you see, on your machine?

CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE

IBMbasic.JPG

The DOSbox workaround for UBasic is clumsy. DOSbox requires creating a virtual drive and changing disk designation letters/directories each time I run it.

I'm going to try Free Basic. It's set up to run on newer machines, using a console window, and you don't need the interface to run compiled programs; the console creates a standalone, executable file. I glanced at the command list; I see a lot of new stuff. Should be fun. :cool:

When I was in sixth grade, I pondered how time would run slower, were the earth's spin to decrease, because days would be longer. What a waste of time that was. Still haven't found a way to find more time.
If you spin counter to the rotation of the Earth then the Earth's spin will slow (by a very little bit) and the day would be longer.

angular_momentum.jpg

-Dan

Hey Denis. I'm still waiting for an answer to my question in post #11. :cool:

Maybe the screen shot is confusing; I'm asking only about the interface (not the software title or program code/output). When you boot ubasic, do you see the f͏unction-key labels at the bottom of the screen, as shown?

Sorry...
I see basically the same stuff, but not exactly;
like at bottom, I see:
load dir auto list run save xref append edit cont

Has that room got padded walls?
All of my walls are padded. No they aren't. Yes they are! (Don't listen to him, he doesn't know what he's talking about.) I do, too, and don't whisper. I wasn't whispering, I was talking low...I didn't want to confuse you. You always try to confuse me, you're just upset that you aren't the only one in here any more. Well if he would take his medications properly you wouldn't be here. Yes I would. No you wouldn't. Uh huh.

-Dan (and company) :shock: