Football Shotgun Pool - value/probability

Dante75

I am not sure how many of you are familiar with a shotgun pool so I will try to give a quick explanation. There are 10 entries for a certain amount of money, in this case $10 per entry, slots are filled in order that the player signs up, once all entries are filled numbers are randomly drawn 0 through 9 and assigned to each entry from top to bottom and a number cannot be used twice so each person has a 1 in 10 chance of winning. To determine a winner the scores for both teams are added together and the second digit is used. For example team A's score is 13 and team B's score is 14 then the result is 27 so the entry that was assigned number 7 is the winner.

Normally most pools of this type only pay the final score of the game but now a friend wants to run one that pays halftime and final score. I know it's tough to quantify value but to me this seems like reduced value but I am not quite sure how to determine if that's true, false or at least in an acceptable range.

I might usually think of this as risking 10 to win 100, but if paying halftime and final scores am I now twice risking 10 to win 50? *head scratch*

How I see it is...
Option A:
Final Score only: Wager $10 to win $100 with a 10% chance of winning (moneyline +900, implied probability: 10%)

Option B:
Halftime score: Wager $10 to win $50 with a 10% chance of winning (moneyline +400, implied probability: 20%)
Final score: Wager $10 to win $50 with a 10% chance of winning (moneyline +400, implied probability: 20%)

So as you can see dropping my payout to $50 dollars I would expect an increase in my chance of winning to about 20% for me to consider this a roughly equal value bet. Where I am getting lost is that I am not actually making two wagers with option B, and with option B how do the two ways to win affect each other, if at all, since winning the halftime has no effect on my chances of winning the second? Do my chances of winning actually go up? Should I consider option B as actually two $5 dollar bets? Any ideas on what I am missing here or can point me in the right direction of material to read? Thanks in advance.