help with area of triangle #2

TheNamesMike

Hello there,
I've got this problem i need some help with.

i simply just need to find the Area.

If anyone could lend me a hand, i would appreciate it. thanks

Attachments

• cfd12db3bcb03795bc9515222954be83 (1).png
    cfd12db3bcb03795bc9515222954be83 (1).png
    8.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello there,
I've got this problem i need some help with.

i simply just need to find the Area.

If anyone could lend me a hand, i would appreciate it. thanks

Please explain the problem in words. I take it there are 3 segments of length 2; or are there 2 or 4? And which segment(s) have length √5?

Have you read the posting guidelines, so that you know we ask for a complete statement of the problem, and of your work as far as you can get? We need that in order to "lend you a hand", rather than carry you.

Please explain the problem in words. I take it there are 3 segments of length 2; or are there 2 or 4? And which segment(s) have length √5?

Have you read the posting guidelines, so that you know we ask for a complete statement of the problem, and of your work as far as you can get? We need that in order to "lend you a hand", rather than carry you.

I probably understand less of the problem than you do. im not giving you half of the problem i'm posting exactly how it's given to me. sorry if it seems like that
from what i can read i think
f0ef87aa9d2366770998f555c7b593a8.png
both the green and red lines are 2 and the blue is sqr of 5

You have enough information to find the hypotenuse of the right triangles (at the top) using Pythagorean Theorem. (You've been given the height, and you can deduce the base.)

Next, divide the large triangle in half, vertically. Each half is a big right triangle similar to the small right triangles. Look at the big hypotenuse; you were given part of it (√5) and you just found the other part. Add them together, and then find the base and height of the big right triangle.

Finish, by using the area formula. :cool:

Last edited: