Periodic fcns w/ different periods: what is period of sum of the two periodic fcns ?

jairo

I would like to know what is the period of the sum of two periodic functions, assumed that they can also have different periods. How to approach that problem?
Thanks

I would like to know what is the period of the sum of two periodic functions, assumed that they can also have different periods. How to approach that problem?
Thanks
Can you please post an example with which you may have issues? Different periodic functions will have different (shortest) method!

Can you please post an example with which you may have issues? Different periodic functions will have different (shortest) method!

Well, I have found out what I needed to know. The question was more general. I mean, is there a universal approach to determine the period of the sum of two known periodic functions? As I saw, the mainly question should have been: " is there a period at all? ". For example,
sen(x) + sen(pi*x) is not periodic, though it´s composed by two periodic functions. I have seen that that question about periodic functions it´s intersting but hard to get a straight answer. If there is a period, could we express it?

Just to think about, nothing to bother.
Thanks!