Salesman success rate is 0.35. Find probability that >=75% will buy product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarahlee

Moderator Note: We have received multiple reports that this test question has been posted at four different sites (so far). This thread has been closed. We are waiting for your response to our private message.

Section 14 Probability 2

14) A salesman has a success rate of 0.35, i.e. the probability that a passerby will buy the product after his salespitch is 0.35. What is the probability that there are 3 or more passersby out of 4 buying the product after his salespitch? Assume the 4 passersby's decisions are independent of each other.
Answer: P(3 or more passersby out of 4 buying the product after his salespitch) =

Last edited by a moderator:
Section 14 Probability 2

14) A salesman has a success rate of 0.35, i.e. the probability that a passerby will buy the product after his salespitch is 0.35. What is the probability that there are 3 or more passersby out of 4 buying the product after his salespitch? Assume the 4 passersby's decisions are independent of each other.
Answer: P(3 or more passersby out of 4 buying the product after his salespitch) =
The simpler option, of course, is to find the probabilities that none or only one will. So you found the probability of failure, multiplied for the two cases, and... then what? Where are you stuck?

Please be complete. Thank you! ;)

Section 14 Probability 2

The chances of all 4 buying are 0.35^4.

The chances of 3 buying and one not buying are 0.35*0.35*0.35*0.65

Buy 3 people can be chosen in 4C3 ways which is 4 so the answer is (0.35*0.35*0.35*0.65)*4+(0.35*0.35*0.35*0.65)

Status
Not open for further replies.