Need to calculate 10 weekends every year.

eeps24

I have a silly question and not sure exactly where to post it.

Say a new employee starts work on 09/19/18 (Monday - Friday) but this person has to do 10 weekends a year (09/19/18 - 09/18/20), how would I schedule this? For example, 52 weeks / 10 weekends comes to 5.2 weeks. So I figured every 5 weeks they have to do a weekend which works but as I carry this over year to year and it doesn't balance out. In excel I was manually doing this, year to year this person may end up doing 11 weekends a year (calendar days shifting). So I guess I am close saying every 5 weeks they will do a weekend but I dont think its the perfect answer.

Year 1 and 2 seem fine, but then year 3 ends up being 11 weekends.

*not sure why my image is so small.

year.jpg

thank you

I have a silly question and not sure exactly where to post it.

Say a new employee starts work on 09/19/18 (Monday - Friday) but this person has to do 10 weekends a year (09/19/18 - 09/18/20), how would I schedule this? For example, 52 weeks / 10 weekends comes to 5.2 weeks. So I figured every 5 weeks they have to do a weekend which works but as I carry this over year to year and it doesn't balance out. In excel I was manually doing this, year to year this person may end up doing 11 weekends a year (calendar days shifting). So I guess I am close saying every 5 weeks they will do a weekend but I dont think its the perfect answer.

Year 1 and 2 seem fine, but then year 3 ends up being 11 weekends.

*not sure why my image is so small.

View attachment 10110

thank you

How are you getting the Day Names in there? Can't you just count the Saturdays?