Write this scenario as system of any qualities: 90 minute test w/ 2 types of Q's

junzhang

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]An algebra teacher is running a 90 minute test there will be two types of questions multiple-choice and open ended the multiple-choice questions each takes three minutes to complete an open ended each take 12 minutes to complete there must be at least three open ended questions and at least 10 multiple-choice questions and the test should take no more than 84 minutes[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Thanks for helping

Moderator Comment:

… Thanks for helping
What kind of help do you need?

This summary of the forum guidelines explains how to answer my question. Thank you! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
An algebra teacher is running a 90 minute test there will be two types of questions multiple-choice and open ended the multiple-choice questions each takes three minutes to complete an open ended each take 12 minutes to complete there must be at least three open ended questions and at least 10 multiple-choice questions and the test should take no more than 84 minutes

Thanks for helping

What help do you need? Please help us help you, by showing your own thinking, and telling us where you are stuck.

Also, please include punctuation, so that what you write is readable. I presume you have attempted to copy the exact problem, as we request.

I would begin by looking at the question and finding phrases that suggest inequalities:

An algebra teacher is running a 90 minute test. There will be two types of questions: multiple-choice and open ended. The multiple-choice questions each take three minutes to complete; an open ended each takes 12 minutes to complete. There must be at least three open ended questions and at least 10 multiple-choice questions, and the test should take no more than 84 minutes.

In order to turn these into inequalities, you will have to define some variables. Give it a try.