What Should I Do when I get a practice problem wrong?

spaceshowfeature1

Hi guys! I don’t know where to put this, so i guess I will put this post here. I’m wondering what to do when I get a practice problem wrong. I only have about 7 practice problems, and I’ve gotten 3 our of the 7 wrong. What should I do? Should I just Redo the problem the right way, then move on? I then feel like I need more practice with that type of problem, but there are no more practice problems on the Internet, so I can’t practice anymore. This is really frustrating. What would you guys do in this situation????

Thanks!

… I’m wondering what to do when I get a practice problem wrong … Should I just Redo the problem the right way, then move on? …
You ought to search for your mistake, right away. If your work is organized, going over it step-by-step will be easy.

If you can't locate your mistake, you could post your work here and ask for help.

Don't spend a lot of time on any single exercise, going over it again and again. It's okay to move on with practice elsewhere. You can always return to a problematic exercise, later (here or with your teacher).

Also, book answers are sometimes wrong (or they're written in a form that differs from what students may get.)

PS: There are always more practice problems. If you can't find them, let us know.

You ought to search for your mistake, right away. If your work is organized, going over it step-by-step will be easy.

If you can't locate your mistake, you could post your work here and ask for help.

Don't spend a lot of time on any single exercise, going over it again and again. It's okay to move on with practice elsewhere. You can always return to a problematic exercise, later (here or with your teacher).

Also, book answers are sometimes wrong (or they're written in a form that differs from what students may get.)

PS: There are always more practice problems. If you can't find them, let us know.
Thanks! I’m working on Quadratic Rational Expressions, and I can’t find problems for those.

… I’m working on Quadratic Rational Expressions, and I can’t find problems for those.
If you're looking for a specific type of exercise, then you need to be specific. (There are different things that students could be instructed to do with rational expressions containing quadratic polynomials.) We need to know what you're doing, to be able to search for specific exercise types. Do the exercises mostly deal with simplifying these expressions, like factoring the numerator and denominator, to cancel common factors? Are you asked to combine two or more algebraic ratios (i.e., add or subtract, to get a single ratio)? Maybe you're graphing their behavior. Maybe you're doing polynomial division longhand.

Also, if you've actually been working with equations (not standalone expressions), please be sure to clarify.

For working with rational expressions, I googled various keyword combinations, like algebra ratio quadratic worksheet, and I saw many options. (With search results, we sometimes need to manually check 5 to 10 links, before finding one that suits our needs. This is normal. Don't give up too soon.)

Free algebra textbooks have lots of exercises, and they are well-organized. Here's a chapter on simplifying, adding/subtracting, and multiplying algebraic ratios. Look at pages 419-420. Are those the types of exercises you've been practicing?

Here's a site that offers free algebra worksheets on many topics; scroll down (or browser search) the page to locate the section titled, "Rational Expressions". You'll see a number of links for specific PDF files.

:cool: