two way table: 115 students attend at least one of football, tennis, and running

Valesa

115 students choose to attend one of three after-school activities: football, tennis, or running.
There are 51 boys.
32 students choose football, of which 25 are girls.
47 students choose tennie.
12 girls choose running.

A student is selected at random.
What is the probability that this student chose running?

Give your answer in its simplest form.

Hello everyone, I attempted to do this by simply drawing the table and adding the numbers in it (which I thought was simple enough) however, that result was wrong so I'd appreciate some help on how to get the answer. Thank you.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited by a moderator:
115 students choose to attend one of three after-school activities: football, tennis, or running.
There are 51 boys.
12 girls choose running.

Give your answer in its simplest form.

Hello everyone, I attempted to do this by simply drawing the table and adding the numbers in it (which I thought was simple enough) however, that result was wrong so I'd appreciate some help on how to get the answer. Thank you.

What was your answer? Maybe it is really correct.

If you show us your table, and if necessary tell us how you filled it out, we can see if there is an error there.

Without seeing your work, we can't tell what help you need.

There are 51 boys.
12 girls choose running.
To solve this question you must complete this table.
We are given all necessary information to do that.
\begin{array}{*{20}{r}} |&{{\rm{footb}}\quad|}&{{\rm{tennis}\quad}|}&{{\rm{run}\quad}|}&{{\rm{total}\quad}}\\ \hline {{\rm{boys}}|}&|&|&|&{51\quad }\\ \hline {{\rm{girls}}|}&{25\quad |}&|&{12\quad |}&{}\\ \hline {{\rm{total}}|}&|&{47\quad |}&|&{115\quad } \end{array}

To solve this question you must complete this table.
We are given all necessary information to do that.
\begin{array}{*{20}{r}} |&{{\rm{footb}}\quad|}&{{\rm{tennis}\quad}|}&{{\rm{run}\quad}|}&{{\rm{total}\quad}}\\ \hline {{\rm{boys}}|}&|&|&|&{51\quad }\\ \hline {{\rm{girls}}|}&{25\quad |}&|&{12\quad |}&{}\\ \hline {{\rm{total}}|}&|&{47\quad |}&|&{115\quad } \end{array}
You also know that the total of the football column is 32.