Dual Crypt Two?

mmm4444bot

Super Moderator
\(\displaystyle \quad\)

Find one answer, then find a different answer.

Grab and mix plaster, naked (5) & (5)

(p)LASTE(r) = STEAL

Complaint: removing hat and shoe does not make one naked :twisted:

Forgot how … I have a good memory...but it's short
I hide answers by 1) changing the font color to closely match the background color and 2) inserting several lines of dummy text in front of the hidden answer -- to push the answer out of the 'Latest Posts' summary which appears on the forum's front page.

In the 'Latest Posts' summary, I sometimes see the answer spoiled before seeing the puzzle.

spoilCrypt.JPG

Do you remember how to change font colors?

I understand that inserting six lines of dummy text will be too much of a bother for some people, so maybe we need a new system. We could submit answers by PM; the OP would then post acknowledgement(s) in the thread. (Although, it seems just as easy to paste six lines of dummy text and change the font color, to me.)

Last edited:
I hide answers by 1) changing the font color to closely match the background color and 2) inserting several lines of dummy text in front of the hidden answer -- to push the answer out of the 'Latest Posts' summary which appears on the forum's front page.

In the 'Latest Posts' summary, I sometimes see the answer spoiled before seeing the puzzle.

View attachment 10206

Do you remember how to change font colors?

I understand that inserting six lines of dummy text will be too much of a bother for some people, so maybe we need a new system. We could submit answers by PM; the OP would then post acknowledgement(s) in the thread. (Although, it seems just as easy to paste six lines of dummy text and change the font color, to me.)
Thanks for that. I've been changing the colour but didn't realise it shows up in Latest Posts. Will do the 6 dummy lines form now on (if I remember!).

… Will do the 6 dummy lines form now on (if I remember!)
No worries; I do it for others' benefit. A spoiled crypt now and again doesn't ruin my day.

I tried to count the characters required (including spaces), but it didn't seem consistent when I experimented. Whatever you find that works for you. ;)

Another thought: Instead of hiding an answer/breakdown, one could post something like a hint or other statement that indirectly tells the OP they've got the answer. Like, as a hint (for the astute), if the answer were DESSERT, one could post something like, "This crypt reminds of the time you told me about, after you watched those animals eat a couple snakes."

Last edited:
… Complaint: removing hat and shoe does not make one naked
But if we pull away the clothing from your front and back, instead of taking your hat and shoe, I'm confident you'll feel naked enough.

[* * * * *] ??
Correctomundo. :cool:

Up next, a 5×5 grid, 5 cryptic clues, 10 five-letter answers to fill in; you have 4 of them.

PS: vBulletin strips out carriage-returns in those front-page summaries; blank lines don't work.

Correctomundo. :cool:

Up next, a 5×5 grid, 5 cryptic clues, 10 five-letter answers to fill in; you have 4 of them.

PS: vBulletin strips out carriage-returns in those front-page summaries; blank lines don't work.
Not sure why my answer is correct, other than being an anagram of "naked" Can you please explain it to me? Is plaster the indicator for anagram??

… Can you please explain [the answer] to me? Is plaster the indicator for anagram??
Sure. Yes, that's what I think the authors meant.

As a verb, to plaster something is to inflict heavy damage upon it. Also, I've heard plaster used as a verb to describe spreading something all over the place, in a messy manner.

You ever bake bread from scratch? My grandma sure inflicted heavy "damage" to bread dough, repeatedly grabbing it, throwing it, folding it, punching it. (I think she enjoyed it.)

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Answer = KNEAD

Grab and mix = direct

plaster = anagram indicator

naked = fodder

Answer = STEAL

Grab = direct

and mix = anagram indicator

plaster naked = laste (anagram fodder)

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?