Need help with upcoming test: Falling factorials, Combinations, etc

ricecrispie

Hi all, I've got a Calculus I test coming up on the topics listed below, does anyone know of any good question-answer style resources I could use to study? We have very limited material on these topics as they aren't covered in our Stewart textbook, the test is a week away and I'm feeling very underprepared as I'm not understanding the work in our tutorials, I need more practise. I'd really appreciate any suggestions/site links/textbook links for more examples/questions. Sorry this isn't a math problem!

1-1 functions and permutations

Falling factorials

Combinations

Binomial coefficients and Pascal’s Triangle

The Binomial Theorem

Elementary properties of complex numbers

Modulus, the complex plane, and Argand Diagrams

The complex conjugate and division of complex numbers

Multiplication and De Moivre’s Theorem

Argument and modulus-argument form

The complex exponential function

The complex trigonometric functions

n^th roots

Roots of polynomials

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Hi all, I've got a Calculus I test coming up on the topics listed below, does anyone know of any good question-answer style resources I could use to study? We have very limited material on these topics as they aren't covered in our Stewart textbook, the test is a week away and I'm feeling very underprepared as I'm not understanding the work in our tutorials, I need more practise. I'd really appreciate any suggestions/site links/textbook links for more examples/questions. Sorry this isn't a math problem!
1-1 functions and permutations
Falling factorials
Combinations
Binomial coefficients and Pascal’s Triangle
The Binomial Theorem
Elementary properties of complex numbers
Modulus, the complex plane, and Argand Diagrams
The complex conjugate and division of complex numbers
Multiplication and De Moivre’s Theorem
Argument and modulus-argument form
The complex exponential function
The complex trigonometric functions
n^th roots
Roots of polynomials
This is an unusual list for a calculus test, even a review test.
Look HERE. That is the first topic. Most of the others will also be frond there.

This is an unusual list for a calculus test, even a review test.
Look HERE. That is the first topic. Most of the others will also be frond there.
Thanks so much will check it out !

Sorry for the mising details! Our recommended textbook is the James Stewart 8th edition Calculus textbook (metric version).

It's not our first exam for Calculus I, it's test 5, it is a weird bunch of topics strung together, the ones I posted are the ones we don't have a lot of material on, but we are also being tested on average value and MVT for integrals, arc lengths, three dimensional space, vectors, dot & cross product and lines&planes.

Some of the topics (previously listed) were part of our high school curriculum (CAPS south african mathematics curriculum) but it was very basic probability stuff. It was taught in Calculus I, so I do have lecture notes, but not many examples. I asked my lecturer what else we could use to study and he just said to go through past papers, and I have but I'm still feeling underprepared, so I want to keep practicing since there's still a week till the test.

There isn't "pre-calculus" as a subject here, maybe it's a different country thing, but you just do "math core" throughout highschool and then "Calculus", should you choose to take it in university. There was Advanced Programme Maths in high school, but I remember these topics were covered mainly in grade 11, so it's a bit hard to remember. It's probably the reason why I wasn't finding "Calculus" resources on the topics I'm looking for, I'll try researching precalculus notes, sites etc instead.

Thanks so much!