Beat Crypt?

What kind of chamber is that? ;) Ya got me flummoxed!

As you're a fair dinkum Aussie bloke, here's a hint just for you (heard on the radio): "Missed a booze bus by a bee's **** leavin' the tollway, then got nicked by a flash for cash round the Johnny Horner. Crikey! Last time, a candy car got me on a broken pogo stick. Big Smoke's not my cup of tea."

Last edited:
My Aussie-slang attempt was so bad, the cat ran away from home … :(

Hint: for 'radio', consider truckers.

CB = radio?

chub, club, comb, crab, crib or curb ?

illegal crypt ?:wink:

CB = radio?

chub, club, comb, crab, crib or curb ?

illegal crypt ?:wink:

Must be CLUB.
Head off flu = FLU - F = LU inside CB : CLUB

But where's the direct?

BTW - MMM's Aussie slang is not ridgy-didge. I think MMM has some kangaroos loose in the top paddock!

Seriously, sites running crypt competitions always name a "dictionary/thesaurus"
as "final referee"!!
I'm not sure what that has to do with cryptic clues posted at this site. (I cannot recall any competitions run by freemathhelp.) Are you trying to make a suggestion? :D

Seriously, it's been well over a decade, and you have yet to post any "final referee" resource to which you expect people to adhere, when posting replies to your puzzles. On the other hand, you do have a well-established history of quickly becoming a bellyacher when you're not able to solve puzzles meant for fun or (sometimes seemingly) when you're embarrassed or irritated about something. It's "always" somebody else's fault, yes? :twisted:

:idea: Going forward, I think it would be helpful to communicate your expectations for your crypts, by including a link to or name of whichever "final referee" resource you expect or "require" others to follow when posting replies for each of your crypts.

Hopefully, you can agree to not impose restrictions on other members in their own threads. :cool: