Truth tables

struggleingeometry

Hi, I know it seems like I’m asking for answers but I just really need help understanding these truth tables. I don’t get what the “and” and “it” does. My teacher has videos online, but I just don’t understand. Please help. Thanks :D

Did you mean to include a problem or an example? As it is, I can't tell what sort of work you are confused by, or how.

Please be as specific as you can be in your questions. If there's something you don't understand, tell us what about it you are unsure of, and what you think it might mean.

Hi, I know it seems like I’m asking for answers but I just really need help understanding these truth tables. I don’t get what the “and” and “it” does. My teacher has videos online, but I just don’t understand.
It is a policy that this site is not a teaching site. You post questions & we try to help.
Here is an online resource. There you can change the word "and" to "or" to "implies" to see the different tables.

Here is a longer article.

DC778A45-87F8-4855-929A-6556EF4FF82C.jpg
Did you mean to include a problem or an example? As it is, I can't tell what sort of work you are confused by, or how.

Please be as specific as you can be in your questions. If there's something you don't understand, tell us what about it you are unsure of, and what you think it might mean.

Hi, sorry what I put didn’t seem to upload. This is it. I don’t know if they’re right or not.

View attachment 10301

Hi, sorry what I put didn’t seem to upload. This is it. I don’t know if they’re right or not.

It's hard to read this; in the future you should make sure what you upload has sufficient resolution but is small enough not to be degraded on upload. One way to do this is to "snip" the image from your screen rather than sending the original photo. Also, try to make it right-side-up.

As to the content, assuming I am reading it correctly, it looks like you got 23 and 25 right, but the others wrong. Try explaining in words why you did what you did for problem 24, for starters.

Hi, I know it seems like I’m asking for answers but I just really need help understanding these truth tables. I don’t get what the “and” and “it” does. My teacher has videos online, but I just don’t understand.
To struggleingeometry: I truly hope that you are not trying to memorize how the truth tables appear over against how the operators work.
The negation, disjunction & conjunction, \(\displaystyle \neg,~\vee,~\&~\wedge\) are the basic ones. [Not. Or, & And]
The or operator is true unless both disjunctives are false. \(\displaystyle P\vee Q\equiv T\) in any case that at least one of P or Q is true.
The and operator is true unless one conjunctives is false. \(\displaystyle P\wedge Q\equiv T\) in any case that both of P and Q are true.

Again I urge you to use WolfframAlpha