Sum - please help

domin278

Hello, I have a problem. I have to solve this.
When I write all members (1/6 + 1/12, etc.) I can count it - true result is 5/12. But I have to use formulas. I count with:
1)(n/2)*(a1+an)
2) ((n-m+1)/2)*(am+an)
When I used it, I absolutely can't solve it, result are rubbish. Can someone please help me, and write it step by step how I have to count with any formulas? I trust It will be very easy for you.
Thank You very much!

PS: Sorry, if it is in bad thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I write all members (1/6 + 1/12, etc.) I can count it - true result is 5/12. But I have to use formulas. I count with:
1)(n/2)*(a1+an)
2) ((n-m+1)/2)*(am+an)
When I used it, I absolutely can't solve it, result are rubbish. Can someone please help me, and write it step by step how I have to count with any formulas? I trust It will be very easy for you.
Thank You very much!

The terms are NOT clear at all! Are they 1/6, 1/12, 1/24, 1/48... OR 1/6, 1/12, 1/18, 1/24... or one of many many others?

1)(n/2)*(a1+an)
2) ((n-m+1)/2)*(am+an)
Thank You very much!

Please, please read this.

https://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/threads/109845-Guidelines-Summary

Using formulas is dangerous: you must know what they mean and when they apply. As it is, we do not know what you are studying so there is no way to know which formulas may be relevant and which are not.