Weird Probability question

Styrofoam02

There is a raffle, and we know the total number of tickets: 315. There are also going to be 13 unique winning tickets, each getting the same prize.

If I bought 11 tickets, what is the probability that I will win at least once?

For what it is worth, I can calculate the probability that I will win exactly once

1-(11/315) * (11/315) ... 13 times.

What would I need to do find out all the chances to win?

There is a raffle, and we know the total number of tickets: 315. There are also going to be 13 unique winning tickets, each getting the same prize.

If I bought 11 tickets, what is the probability that I will win at least once?

For what it is worth, I can calculate the probability that I will win exactly once

What is the probability that you will not win even once?

That is usually the key to "at least one" problems.

I don't think your calculation for "exactly once" is correct; can you explain your thinking? I may not be interpreting it as you intend.

There is a raffle, and we know the total number of tickets: 315. There are also going to be 13 unique winning tickets, each getting the same prize. If I bought 11 tickets, what is the probability that I will win at least once?

Your chance of winning exactly one is \(\displaystyle \dfrac{\binom{13}{1}\cdot\binom{302}{10}}{\binom{315}{11}}\) SEE HERE
Is that what you got?

Did you read Prof. Peterson suggestion? What do you think the following means?
\(\displaystyle 1-\dfrac{\binom{302}{11}}{\binom{315}{11}}\) SEE HERE

What is the probability that you will not win even once?

That is usually the key to "at least one" problems.

I don't think your calculation for "exactly once" is correct; can you explain your thinking? I may not be interpreting it as you intend.

here's how i was thinking:

The odds of winning with only 1 ticket drawn, is 11/315, So the odds of not winning, are 304/315, or aprox .965

I based my calculations on the 20 eating at a restaurant 20 times in a row with a 5% of getting sick, the odds of getting sick. Which was (.95)(.95)(.95) ... 20 times.

The winning tickets are all drawn at the same time, so I am not sure if that changes anything, but lets say the tickets are numbered 1-315, and there is a randomized that randomly puts names of entrants into the list, and the first 13 are winners. Does this change the math?