Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forum Change?

Quote Originally Posted by mmm4444bot View Post
    I will be stepping down as a moderator at this forum. I plan to do this in phases.

I have entered phase one. I'm no longer approving threads from new members, moving threads, asking members to read the guidelines, deleting duplicate threads, handling post reports, or responding to private messages from members expressing concerns about the forum (the majority of which have to do with rude, condescending behavior from long-time members). I am continuing to ban and report spammers and work to simplify the wording and layout of the complete forum guidelines.

Phase two will begin after I complete the guidelines overhaul (estimated as the end of January, 2019). During this phase, I will be dealing with spammers only.

Phase three (final phase) to be determined.

Cheers
    Sorry to hear about this. I was just getting to know how to really irritate you!

-Dan
    It should be possible to explain the laws of Physics to a barmaid. - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by JeffM View Post
    I believe I volunteered, long ago, to be a moderator. I never retracted the offer.
    You contacted Ted directly, to volunteer?

If not, you ought to email him directly.
    "English is the most ambiguous language in the world." ~ Yours Truly, 1969

Quote Originally Posted by topsquark View Post
    Sorry to hear about this. I was just getting to know how to really irritate you!
    I nominate you to replace me. Contact Ted by email, to let him know you're ready and willing.

I nominate you to replace me. Contact Ted by email, to let him know you're ready and willing.
    Thanks, but I already have three fora to mismanage.

-Dan
    It should be possible to explain the laws of Physics to a barmaid. - Albert Einstein

Elite Member
    You contacted Ted directly, to volunteer?

If not, you ought to email him directly.
    No. It was long ago. The spam level was absurd. I believe I made the suggestion back then, either on the admin board or in a report-spam message. Not sure I have ever talked to Ted.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffM View Post
    I believe I made the suggestion either on the admin board or in a report-spam message
    From my perspective, Ted hasn't responded for years to anything on the boards or in a post-report. (We have at least two new members who've been waiting months for Ted to resend their confirmation link; Ted no longer responds to such email requests, either.)

As I've posted a number of times: It appears that Ted moved on to bigger and better things quite some time ago. This site no longer has active administration.

If you're still serious about joining the moderation team, I would encourage you to email Ted directly and keep trying until you get a response.

Quote Originally Posted by topsquark View Post
    I already have three fora to mismanage.
    Please reconsider. If mismanagement is your thing, this site is for you!