I dont understand what type of answer they're looking for

Livingstone

Ok so to be clear I know about matrices and how to solve them, the curveball I'm dealing with, is that my teacher
wants me to solve them using the [x] = [] + s[] + t[] format. I have never seen this thing in my life or at lectures.
could someone tell me what it is?

Attachments

• math.jpg
    math.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 5
Ok so to be clear I know about matrices and how to solve them, the curveball I'm dealing with, is that my teacher
wants me to solve them using the [x] = [] + s[] + t[] format. I have never seen this thing in my life or at lectures.
Can you solve this system of equations first. If after that you still do not see what the answer would look like, then you'll receive further help. I promise you that the first step is to solve the system of equations.

don't know if this right but if im doing it the regular way I'm getting zeros
If you don't show us your results, then we don't know if you are correct either. What does it mean that you are getting zeros?? Show us your work so we can help you!

as in when I try to solve solve for individual variables the constant equals to 0, you sure you cant just tell me what [x] = [] + s[] + t[]
is? again I want to make this clear I'm not asking you to solve for me, I just dont know the form of the answer they are looking for

Hi. Did you miss the Read Before Posting message? Please take some time to familiarize yourself with the forum's guidelines. Thank you! :cool:

(All of your duplicated posts have been deleted. We don't do homework. You need to post your efforts.)

[x] = (x1, x2, x3, x4)T
Both [] are column vectors of size 4. r and s are variables. So we answered your question.

I figured it out it was a row echelon reduction with s and t representing infinite variables