Takes too long to verify posts

Arkimedes

Hello
I am new to this forum and I am very disappointed in how long it took to get my post verified so it becomes visible. It delays my studying very much when I have to wait for this every time.

I understand you want to verify to avoid spam, bots making advertisement posts etc. So a solution to this would be that you would remove the verification criteria once a member has proven not to be a spam bot.

Hello
I am new to this forum and I am very disappointed in how long it took to get my post verified so it becomes visible. It delays my studying very much when I have to wait for this every time.

I understand you want to verify to avoid spam, bots making advertisement posts etc. So a solution to this would be that you would remove the verification criteria once a member has proven not to be a spam bot.
Hello, and thank you for your feedback. This site is run by volunteers who have no set schedule. We do not provide service on demand.

The forum software contains a number of bugs, the developers no longer issue updates, and sometimes the system does not consistently report all pending posts for moderators to see. There are workarounds, but not every volunteer moderator has the time or desire to jump through all of the required steps. That's just the way it is.

Once a new member has three approved posts, the system will place future posts on the board without delay. This information is contained in the Read Before Posting announcement. (For some new members, the system requires four or five approvals, before it stops flagging posts; this is another bug.)

I note also that one or two approved posts does not offer any proof that the new member is legitimate. This forum has dozens of spammers registering each year as fake math students, and they post what initially appear to be valid requests for help. After the system stops moderating their posts, they start spamming (sometimes going into sleeper mode for weeks or months, first).

If this forum does not meet with your approval, we encourage you to seek help elsewhere. If you choose to continue posting here, please familiarize yourself with the forum's guidelines. Cheers :cool:

PS: I moved your thread to the Administrative Issues board. The board you had used clearly states that it's for discussions regarding the rest of the website, other than the message board itself.

Thanks, I see now it is written that after three or four posts the forum stops demanding post approval, I should have read that before.

Btw I think this is my third or fourth posts so we will see if it appears directly or I have to wait again.

Edit: It appeared directly, great!