How to Calculate growth with DIFFERENT volumes

mikkawhite

hey guys, I'm trying to figure out how to calculate increase/decrease when the 2 numbers are different

example
I want to calculate row B vs A and since their volumes are different (26x more) i need to find the inc/dec based on the same volume.

So how to i calculate inc/dec for the following columns ?
"total volume A : 2804 B: 73924
"Avg OR A : 38.8% B: 21.1%
"Avg CTR A : 12.91% B: 5.74%

as you can see in the image

math.jpg

thank you in advance for you help and guidance

hey guys, I'm trying to figure out how to calculate increase/decrease when the 2 numbers are different

example
I want to calculate row B vs A and since their volumes are different (26x more) i need to find the inc/dec based on the same volume.

So how to i calculate inc/dec for the following columns ?
"total volume A : 2804 B: 73924
"Avg OR A : 38.8% B: 21.1%
"Avg CTR A : 12.91% B: 5.74%

as you can see in the image

View attachment 10571

thank you in advance for you help and guidance

I assume you deliberately blurred some data; but that makes it hard to figure out what you are doing. And I suspect we still wouldn't have enough information if you showed it all.

Please explain in words what your abbreviations mean (where they are relevant), and show the calculations you are doing. Then tell us what your goal is, as precisely as you can. Are you looking for a percent increase or decrease from A to B, or from Oct to Nov for each, or what?

I assume you deliberately blurred some data; but that makes it hard to figure out what you are doing. And I suspect we still wouldn't have enough information if you showed it all.

Please explain in words what your abbreviations mean (where they are relevant), and show the calculations you are doing. Then tell us what your goal is, as precisely as you can. Are you looking for a percent increase or decrease from A to B, or from Oct to Nov for each, or what?

ok I appreciate your response , let me start again.

My objective is since column J (avg OR = open rates ) and
column N (avg CTR = click through rates) depend on VOLUME i wanted a way to track the success BASED on the same volume

Right now (nov bg) volume is 2804
(nov ag) volume is 73,924

So how can I calculate increase/decrease in total OPENS and Total Clicks based on similar volume ?

i hope this makes more sense ?

ok I appreciate your response , let me start again.

My objective is since column J (avg OR = open rates ) and
column N (avg CTR = click through rates) depend on VOLUME i wanted a way to track the success BASED on the same volume

Right now (nov bg) volume is 2804
(nov ag) volume is 73,924

So how can I calculate increase/decrease in total OPENS and Total Clicks based on similar volume ?

i hope this makes more sense ?
It sounds to me as though what you need is a proportion (also known as a ratio or rate).

Example. Inquiries and sales in June are 100 and 15 respectively, but inquiries and sales in November are 700 and 56. Obviously, sales are up in November (56 > 15). But so are inquiries. You may be interested in how successful is the process of turning inquiries into sales.

\(\displaystyle \dfrac{15}{100} = 15\% \text { ratio of sales relative to inquiries in June.}.\)

\(\displaystyle \dfrac{56}{700} = 8\% \text { ratio of sales relative to inquiries in November.}\)

If you want to quantify the amount of change, there are two common ways to do that.

It sounds to me as though what you need is a proportion (also known as a ratio or rate).

Example. Inquiries and sales in June are 100 and 15 respectively, but inquiries and sales in November are 700 and 56. Obviously, sales are up in November (56 > 15). But so are inquiries. You may be interested in how successful is the process of turning inquiries into sales.

\(\displaystyle \dfrac{15}{100} = 15\% \text { ratio of sales relative to inquiries in June.}.\)

\(\displaystyle \dfrac{56}{700} = 8\% \text { ratio of sales relative to inquiries in November.}\)

If you want to quantify the amount of change, there are two common ways to do that.

Ok YES, I was thinking about ratio , just wasn't sure how to approach it. So yes, extremely helpful, so thank you !

as for the "amount of change" - would this be the same as calculating increase % ?

if not , please let me know the 2 ways ..

ps- love this forum. I never appreciated math growing up but now running a business, the STATS and math is the ONLY thing is trust. So thank you