Attachments

• Problem.JPG
    Problem.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 6
Hi,

Can someone help me with a formel for this problem

//ML
attachment.php

What do you need to find? Please share your work/thoughts about this assignment.

hello
okey, we have a circle with a tangent line.
We know the x coordinate of the tangent point. we know that the line starts at x=0 Y=0.
we know the Y coordinate of the circle center. and we know the diameter of the circle.
i want to know the angle of the line.
If you click on the picture in the first post you can see all the numbers on the drawing.

do someone have a solution for this or can point me in the right direction?

Regards
ML

… [does] someone have a solution for this …
Hello. It seems like you missed the Read Before Posting announcement. We don't provide a solution service. Please take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the forum's guidelines. You may start with this summary. Cheers :cool:

Okey. Misunderstod the forum.
Sorry about That.
Regards
ML

hello
okey, we have a circle with a tangent line.
We know the x coordinate of the tangent point. we know that the line starts at x=0 Y=0.
we know the Y coordinate of the circle center. and we know the diameter of the circle.
i want to know the angle of the line.
If you click on the picture in the first post you can see all the numbers on the drawing.

do someone have a solution for this or can point me in the right direction?

Regards
ML

I replaced your specific numbers with variables to try for a formula, and ended up with a fourth-degree equation in the cosine of the angle (or with a fourth-degree equation in any other unknown I tried. Probably the same will happen if you use your coordinate geometry approach.

I suspect there may not be a formula (that is, a reasonably simple formula) that you could use. Some sort of numerical method is likely needed.