Calculate the forces in a structure on an angle

scrivens

I have been doing the hand calculation that needs to be compared to the results from a Finite Element Analysis of a 3d modelled design. The structure in the picture attached is a simplified version of the design and I am struggling to find the forces in the pivot and the strut. Determine the x and y axis forces in the pivot, A and the force in the strut BD.

Capture.jpg

I have been doing the hand calculation that needs to be compared to the results from a Finite Element Analysis of a 3d modelled design. The structure in the picture attached is a simplified version of the design and I am struggling to find the forces in the pivot and the strut. Determine the x and y axis forces in the pivot, A and the force in the strut BD.

View attachment 10623
What have you tried? Can you show us your work so we can see where you work went south? Thank you.

View attachment 10623
As presented, this will require simple application of equations of equilibrium.

Write the vector representation of the forces F and D. Draw the FBD of the structure with reaction forces Ax and Ay at the point A.

F = -7500(j)

D = D(-sin(alfa + theta) i + cos((alfa + theta) j)

rAB = 0.1267(cos(theta) i + sin(theta) j)

Now use

Sum(F) = 0

and

Sum(M|A) = 0

and solve for D, Ay and Ax.