How do I solve this?

S52 Power

A radio station plays songs that last an average of 3.5 minutes and has commercial breaks that last 2 minutes. If the station is required to play 1 commercial break for every 4 songs, how many songs can the station play in an hour?

My textbook says the answer is 15, but I don't know how to go about solving this problem to even get that answer.

A radio station plays songs that last an average of 3.5 minutes and has commercial breaks that last 2 minutes. If the station is required to play 1 commercial break for every 4 songs, how many songs can the station play in an hour?

My textbook says the answer is 15, but I don't know how to go about solving this problem to even get that answer.

How long would it take for the radio-station to play a set of 4 songs and a set of one commercials?

You have to think about what is going on.

Here is a BIG hint.
(3.5 + 3.5 + 3.5 + +3.5 +2) + (3.5 + 3.5 + 3.5 + +3.5 +2) + (3.5 + 3.5 + 3.5 + +3.5 +2) + (3.5 + 3.5 + 3.5) = 58.5 minutes

How long would it take for the radio-station to play a set of 4 songs and a set of one commercials?
Subhotosh, Isn't this problem flawed since if the commercial break starts at the beginning of the hour then there can only be 14 songs played? Or am I missing something?

Subhotosh, Isn't this problem flawed since if the commercial break starts at the beginning of the hour then there can only be 14 songs played? Or am I missing something?
If it starts at the beginning, then it's NOT a "break" !!!
Did you have a coffee break before starting your work day?

You have to think about what is going on.

Here is a BIG hint.
(3.5 + 3.5 + 3.5 + +3.5 +2) + (3.5 + 3.5 + 3.5 + +3.5 +2) + (3.5 + 3.5 + 3.5 + +3.5 +2) + (3.5 + 3.5 + 3.5) = 58.5 minutes
Thank you, that makes a lot of more sense now.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk