Integration: R(T) = exp(-∫_0^T 3.5x10^-4 + 4.2x10^-7t)

RoyS

Hi, can you review an equation I am having difficulty with:

R(T) = exp(-∫0T 3.5x10-4 + 4.2x10-7t)

I have the answer from notes, however cannot work it through logically myself to get the provided answer.

Ans noted:
exp(-3.5x10-4.T - 2.1x10-7.T2)

I have the answer from notes, however cannot work it through logically myself to get the provided answer.

Ans noted:
Are you serious? You want me to spend my free time going through the solution when you know exactly where you are confused at? Also, my solution might be different from the one you have.

So please post the entire solution and then be kind enough to show us exactly where you are confused. That way none of the helper gives an unhelpful response.

Also, can you give the complete integral as it not complete

Thanks!

Ans noted:

In addition to showing the complete statement of the problem, and the work you are unable to understand, please tell us your background.

This problem is trivial, if you know the basics of integration, so if you are not understanding it, either you are just expecting something complicated and missing the obvious, or we will need to start with what you do know in order to help you.

In case it is the former, let's isolate the essential part: can you work out this part by itself?

0T (3.5x10-4 + 4.2x10-7t) dt

Surely, if you are studying integration, one of the first things you learned is that the integral of a constant is that constant times the variable: \(\displaystyle \int A dt= At+ C\) where C is the undetermined "constant of integration". And just shortly after that, that the integral of a constant times the variable is that constant times the variable squared over 2.

Here you are asked to integrate \(\displaystyle \int A+ Bt dt\) where \(\displaystyle A= -35\times 10^{-4}\) and \(\displaystyle B= 4.2\times 10^7\) are just constants.