Venn Diagram: In a survey of 60 students, 28 like mince pies, 27 like Christmas cake,

TheRealFawcett

Can Anyone help me complete this?

In a survey of 60 students,
• 28 like mince pies,
• 27 like Christmas cake,
• 15 like turkey,
• 10 like mince pies and Christmas cake,
• 7 like mince pies and turkey,
• 8 like Christmas cake and turkey,
• 5 like mince pies, Christmas cake and turkey.

Use a Venn diagram to determine the number of students in the survey who do not like mincepies, Christmas cake or turkey.

• 28 like mince pies,
• 15 like turkey,

Use a Venn diagram to determine the number of students in the survey who do not like mincepies, Christmas cake or turkey.

Have you started? In order to help you complete it, we'll need to know where you need help.

If you don't have a picture of your work to send us, try filling out regions in this diagram, and tell us what you've done (by color, if necessary). Then we can help you overcome whatever hurdle stopped you from finishing.

FMH113772 Venn.png

• 28 like mince pies,
• 15 like turkey,

Sure, what do you need help with? What have you tried/where are you stuck?

Did you make a V-D? Can we please see it? I'll start you off by saying that you should record the information into the V-D in reverse order of what you listed above (ie from bottom to top)

Need help

Sure, what do you need help with? What have you tried/where are you stuck?

Did you make a V-D? Can we please see it? I'll start you off by saying that you should record the information into the V-D in reverse order of what you listed above (ie from bottom to top)
Tbh i havnt done any of it i havent created a ven diagram or anything so any help will be greatly appreciated

Tbh i havnt done any of it i havent created a ven diagram or anything so any help will be greatly appreciated

Are you saying that you know nothing at all about Venn diagrams, or just that you haven't bothered to try solving this problem?

We need a place to start, so you'll have to tell us something you do know. And if you don't want to put in any effort, we're not inclined to do it for you. Jomo gave you a really good hint.

So, please give us something to work with!

How can we help you if you haven't told us what you need help with?

I'll start you off. Copy the V-D that Dr P was nice enough to supply you with. Then put a 5 where all three circles intersect since you were given that 5 like mince pies, Christmas cake and turkey.
Then figure out what to put where JUST Christmas and turkey intersect-no mince pies- based on that 8 like Christmas cake and turkey.
Either keep going or come back here and show us your V-D.