Linear Problem: A biologist wants to prepare a special diet for the animals.

Branc1993

In an nutrion experiment, a biologist wants to prepare a special diet for the experimental animals. Two food mixes A and B are available. If mix A contains 20% and mix B contains 10% Protein, What combination of each mix will provide exactly 20 grams of protein ? Let x be the amount A used and let y be the amount B used. Write a linear equation related x,y and 20. Graph this equation for x values between 0 and 200

In an nutrion experiment, a biologist wants to prepare a special diet for the experimental animals. Two food mixes A and B are available. If mix A contains 20% and mix B contains 10% Protein, What combination of each mix will provide exactly 20 grams of protein ? Let x be the amount A used and let y be the amount B used. Write a linear equation related x,y and 20. Graph this equation for x values between 0 and 200

That's a very nice problem statement. What's your plan?

Typically, you would find some things that are equivalent.

Protein from A + Protein from B = Total Protein

Let's see what you get.

That's a very nice problem statement. What's your plan?

Typically, you would find some things that are equivalent.

Protein from A + Protein from B = Total Protein

Let's see what you get.

I have no idea, truly. been scratching my head over this problem for over 5 hours.

You have x grams of A and A is 20% protein so you have 0.2x grams of protein from A. You have y grams of B and B is 10% protein so you have 0.1y grams of protein from A. How many grams of protein do you have altogether?

I have no idea, truly. been scratching my head over this problem for over 5 hours.

That's no good. Are you in the right class? I blame your teacher. It's an online course, isn't it?!