Help With Statistics & Plotting Bell Shaped Curve

Ted_Grendy

Hello all

I am trying to learn more about statistics and wanted to ask the following questions:-

1) Are the following terms mean the same thing:-
Normal Distribution= Gaussian Distribution

2) Does a Normal Distribution data set only contain random error and is free from systematic errors (assume perfect world).

3) I am trying to plot a bell shaped curve for a Normal Distribution data set of 30 measurements with a mean of 40.1484 and a SD of 1.5.
I sort my data into low to high and add the average in the middle but the plot does not show a bell shaped curve (see attached).
How can I plot my measurements to show a bell shaped curve (I have been assured that the data set is a

Thank you.

Attachments

• Stats.JPG
    Stats.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 4
Hello all

I am trying to learn more about statistics and wanted to ask the following questions:-

2) Does a Normal Distribution data set only contain random error and is free from systematic errors (assume perfect world).

3) I am trying to plot a bell shaped curve for a Normal Distribution data set of 30 measurements with a mean of 40.1484 and a SD of 1.5.
I sort my data into low to high and add the average in the middle but the plot does not show a bell shaped curve (see attached).
How can I plot my measurements to show a bell shaped curve (I have been assured that the data set is a

Thank you.
Yes, Normal Distribution= Gaussian Distribution

How can the data be normally distributed if the data is strictly increasing? Why does a bell curve look like it does? Please answer at least this last question!!

Hello all

Thank you.

The bell-shaped curve has to be a histogram. You just plotted the individual values as a bar graph in increasing order, which is not the same.