Resultant vector by triangle method

onesun0000

Hi
I've a question about triangle method in finding the resultant vector of two vectors. The instruction says that I should draw the resultant vector by triangle method and write its component form. The two vectors given are in initial-terminal point form. Is it okay to just draw the resultant vector by transforming one of the vectors so that it would be head-to-tail with the other? I did on the image below.

vectors.jpg

1. The red arrows are the given vectors.
2. The blue arrow is the translated vector (above)
3. the green arrow is the resultant vector.

then I solved its component form by getting the change in x and y of the initial and terminal points of the resultant vector.

Is the drawing just fine? or do still need to draw the two vectors in component form then draw the resultant vector?

Thank you so much for the help.

Hi
I've a question about triangle method in finding the resultant vector of two vectors. The instruction says that I should draw the resultant vector by triangle method and write its component form. The two vectors given are in initial-terminal point form. Is it okay to just draw the resultant vector by transforming one of the vectors so that it would be head-to-tail with the other? I did on the image below.

View attachment 10704

1. The red arrows are the given vectors.
2. The blue arrow is the translated vector (above)
3. the green arrow is the resultant vector.

then I solved its component form by getting the change in x and y of the initial and terminal points of the resultant vector.

Is the drawing just fine? or do still need to draw the two vectors in component form then draw the resultant vector?

Thank you so much for the help.
Your answer is correct. You do not need to break the original vectors into component forms - while using graphical method. The problem statement did not specifically ask you to resolve the original vectors into component form - hence there is no need.