Find possible extreme points according to second order condition

GovnoviX

Hi guys,

I have a little problem that I could use a little help to figure out.
The assignment is to find possible extreme points and classify them according to the second order condition.
The function is:
f(x)=ln(x)-3x^2-6x+10

Thanks in advance!

Hi guys,

I have a little problem that I could use a little help to figure out.
The assignment is to find possible extreme points and classify them according to the second order condition.
The function is:
f(x)=ln(x)-3x^2-6x+10

Thanks in advance!
Can you please describe - What is second order condition?

The function is:
f(x)=ln(x)-3x^2-6x+10

Please show us what you have been able to do, so we can tell what help you need. Please read about our submission guidelines.

I believe you are referring to determining by the second derivative, which points are maxima or minima. Have you found the possible extreme points themselves? Did you find the first and second derivatives?

Please show us what you have been able to do, so we can tell what help you need. Please read about our submission guidelines.

I believe you are referring to determining by the second derivative, which points are maxima or minima. Have you found the possible extreme points themselves? Did you find the first and second derivatives?

Yes that's what I'm referring to. No, I need help to find the possible extreme points.
The first derivative is: 1/x-6x-6.
The second derivative is: -1/x^2-6.