Sin wave Formula

magrfa

Hello,

I am looking some help please,

I have a total target value for a year.
Each week an amount is produced towards that target.
The graph of production is sinusoidal.
I wish to produce a weekly target for production.
See Image Attached.

If this was linear ten it would obviously be total divided by number of weeks but I need the formula for when sinusoidal.

Total Target =32000
Number of Periods (Weeks) 52

Thank You in Advance

C J B

Attachments

• Sine Wave Prediction.jpg
    Sine Wave Prediction.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 3
Hello,

I am looking some help please,

I have a total target value for a year.
Each week an amount is produced towards that target.
The graph of production is sinusoidal.
I wish to produce a weekly target for production.
See Image Attached.

If this was linear ten it would obviously be total divided by number of weeks but I need the formula for when sinusoidal.

Total Target =32000
Number of Periods (Weeks) 52

Thank You in Advance

C J B

I think we'll need some context. You put this under probability, but I don't see any probability here. What course are you taking, and what topic have you been studying? (Clearly it can't be a real-life problem, because life doesn't follow perfect sinusoids. Also, the graph seems to show production being negative half the time, which is silly.)

It seems to me that you have to find the equation of the sinusoid, and then either just use the y value for your weekly target, or, more properly, integrate over each week. But, again, the sum of all y's, or the integral over the year, will be zero for the graph shown, so what you ask is impossible. If the midline of the graph is not meant to be zero, we need to know what it is, and what the max and min values are. Without some such information, the problem remains impossible.

What do you know about graphs of sine functions?