A cone has a surface area of 1188 cm^2, and a radius of 8.5 cm. Find the height of th

Needhelp4math

Title
baa508c0ba9a4d5a52a2bdfab64572a0.jpg

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

I did.

it's in the picture

Fine you showed some work. Now can you please show some work using a formula for the surface area that involves the height. After all you can't solve for the height if it is not part of the formula. What does s represent in your formula?

I did.

it's in the picture

\(\displaystyle a = \pi rs + \pi r^2, \text { where}\)

\(\displaystyle a = \text { area of sides and base of a right circular cone},\)

\(\displaystyle r = \text { radius of the cone; and}\)

\(\displaystyle s = \text { slant height of the cone.}\)

Note that you forgot to square the radius in the formula, but not when you substituted the cone's dimensions.

How would you find the height if you knew the radius and the slant height?

How do you find the slant height?

Seriously, i just want to see the steps of the question done ok?

No it is not OK, we do not do homework for students. Just find the formula for the surface area of a cone that has h in it. Google it. It won't hurt. You need to put some effort into this.

Last edited:

No. It is not OK. The title of this site is not Free Math Answers. There are sites that will do your homework for you. Unfortunately, those sites will not take your test for you. We try to get you to think so that you can pass your test. Normally that requires you to do some work.

There are sites that will do your homework for you. Unfortunately, those sites will not take your test for you.
I wonder if you are correct about that. Where there is money to be made there are people out there filling the demand.

I wonder if you are correct about that. Where there is money to be made there are people out there filling the demand.
You did not read my very carefully drafted prose carefully enough.

I am sure that some mercenary people will meet that demand, but I do not think that websites are yet mobile enough to take exams (on-line exams excepted of course). Fortunately, few students have the spare cash to hire people to take exams.

Speaking of mercenaries, I'm available to take exams in certain selected subjects at my standard hourly billing rate plus reasonable travel costs (the estimated fee payable in advance in U.S. dollars by certified check.)