Graphic methods, exponential growth and decay

Tombo

Hi there :smile:
Would like a little help on this problem here if thats ok?
Your help is greatly appreciated!

20190115_202340.jpg

I am stuck on that :/ I know differentiate part but have problem with graphs :/ Thanks.

Hi there :smile:
Would like a little help on this problem here if thats ok?
Your help is greatly appreciated!

View attachment 10905

I am stuck on that :/ I know differentiate part but have problem with graphs :/ Thanks.

Please be specific: Which problem do you need help with, and what did you get for the parts you did?

We'd like to see your actual work (at least the results), and to know what went wrong.

For each problem, they want you first to plot a graph, just by plotting some points, then use it to estimate the slope at one point; then to compare that to what you get with the derivative. The graphing part is not complicated; they give specific directions for what points to plot, and don't require things like finding intercepts or turning points.

have problem with graphs
Too vague!

Given the coordinates of point (1, 8.6), could you plot that point, using x-axis and y-axis?

In the first exercise, they have changed the names of the axes. The x-axis is now called the t-axis, and the y-axis is now called the V-axis.

Also, the author is a bit sloppy in their notation; they use 'V' in some places and 'v' in other places. Those are two different symbols. They should use only 'V'. :cool:

Thanks for answer.

What i have done is calculate v between t=0s & t=6, but i think is wrong and this rule shouldnt be usend in this case
20190113_225745.jpg

Also i have differentiate, 20190115_224011.jpg

Calculate values of v from 0s to 6s, is this mean i should use numbers from 0 to 6 separately to formula V=10-10e^-2t?
This is part of my assignment but i really dont understand part with graphs:( I dont expect somebody to do it for me, just small explanation ;)
Thanks.

… What i have done is calculate v between t=0s & t=6 …
What you have done is integrate from t=0 through t=6.

That won't help you plot points for function V(t), on a graph.

You did not answer my question, in post #3. Do you know how to plot points?

Here is how I would calculate V, when t=1.

V(t) = 10 - 10∙e^(-2∙t)

Let t = 1

V(1) = 10 - 10∙e^(-2∙1)

e^(-2∙1) is 0.1353 (rounded)

V(1) = 10 - 10(0.1353)

V(1) = 8.6

Now I have the (t,V) coordinates of a point, and I would plot it: (1, 8.6)

Let us know, if you do not understand how to plot points using t-axis (horizontal) and V-axis (vertical). :cool:

Let us know, if you do not understand how to plot points using t-axis (horizontal) and V-axis (vertical). :cool:

Hello,

Thanks for answer.
I know how to plot with x,y points.
Last time i do calculus and math 14 years ago, so i forgot everything. Any way i was thinking the same way how you told me but thanks a lot for make me sure ;)