How many combinations of sets of 6?

chaidragonfire

Using the numbers listed, how many sets of 6 numbers can be derived from these?

I tried to find an online combination calculator, but didn't find one for this.

2, 3, 6, 16, 20, 22, 28, 31, 35, 37, 42

Total Combinations of sets of 6 =

List the combinations (if possible, but not necessary):
(is there is an online tool/calculator that could do this?)

Thank you!;)

Are you asking how to calculate the number of distinct subsets of 6 elements from a set of 11 elements?

If so, then you are asking for the number of combinations of 11 taken 6 at a time, or 11C6. You can look up the formula or this, or most scientific calculators can evaluate it. It would be better for you to learn how to do it by hand; it isn't hard.

This page explains all about it, and at the bottom has a link to a calculator page.

There are more than you probably want to list, if you weren't told to. By searching for "list combinations" I quickly found a page that will make such a list for you, but you won't learn much by doing that (unless you examined the list to see how they did it).

Thank you!;)
Please read our guidlines

https://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/threads/112086-Guidelines-Summary?p=433156&viewfull=1#post433156

You have placed this in arithmetic, and combinations is a branch of arithmetic, but combinations are usually studied after you know some algebra and are used to formulas.

I would not try to list them because there are quite a number, and counting them up would likely be in error.

Please provide us with what you have done so that we can know how to help.

As for online caculators: SEE HERE
\(\displaystyle \dbinom{20}{7}=\dfrac{20!}{7!(20-7)!}\), that choose 7 from 20.

Uhm...........didn't know where to post this. So like the notice said, I just took a guess.

All I want to know is how many sets of 6 numbers can be made from the list shown.

Like 2, 3, 6, 16, 20, 22 is one set...... 2, 28, 31, 35, 37, 42 is another set, and so on....

I am BAD at math and I don't know the lingo, so "laymans" terms would be helpful.

Thank you

Uhm...........didn't know where to post this. So like the notice said, I just took a guess.

All I want to know is how many sets of 6 numbers can be made from the list shown.

Like 2, 3, 6, 16, 20, 22 is one set...... 2, 28, 31, 35, 37, 42 is another set, and so on....

I am BAD at math and I don't know the lingo, so "laymans" terms would be helpful.

Thank you

You've been given an example and a place to work out the problem in its entirety.

"I am BAD at math..." Who told you that and why did you believe them - even if it was you?

"'laymans' terms" Why do you think there ARE "laymans" terms? Why not study harder and learn how to conduct a proper conversation lacking in excuses?

You've been given an example and a place to work out the problem in its entirety.

"I am BAD at math..." Who told you that and why did you believe them - even if it was you?

"'laymans' terms" Why do you think there ARE "laymans" terms? Why not study harder and learn how to conduct a proper conversation lacking in excuses?

I came here for help, not harassment.

Forget it, I'll find some other forum for help.