Unit Circle Trigonometry Quick Question

Wahamuka

This is just a simple question but I can’t find the solution to this problem online and our teacher never explaines this part:

Find all possible values of the angle:

[FONT=&quot]tan[/FONT][FONT=&quot](θ)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]=[/FONT][FONT=&quot]3[/FONT]

This is just a simple question but I can’t find the solution to this problem online and our teacher never explaines this part:

tan(θ)=3

Don't forget your algebra just because you are in trigonometry.

One possible hint:

\(\displaystyle \sin^{2}(\theta) + \cos^{2}(\theta) = 1\;and\;\tan(\theta) = \dfrac{\sin(\theta)}{\cos(\theta)}\)

This is just a simple question but I can’t find the solution to this problem online and our teacher never explains this part:

tan(θ)=3
Another way would be to plot y = tan(\(\displaystyle \theta\)) and plot y = 3 in same graph. Then observe at which points those graphs intersect each other.

tan(θ)=3

Do you know one value of the angle? It will not be a nice, exact expression, but a decimal approximation.

From the unit circle, what other quadrant might the angle be in? How is this angle related to the first?

How about angles that are coterminal with these?

If the help you are getting is not enough, it will help if you tell us what parts you do understand, so we can have a better idea what help you need. See this summary of our submission guidelines for useful ideas.

Last edited: