logic hidden assumption

shahar

In Hebrew, it call Hanaha (assumption) Smuya (hidden).
google translate translate it as: Covert Discount.
I don't know if this the really context that I seek.
What the mean of assumption that me don't see in then next riddle riddle.
I gave an example:
The worker in the shop of drink said: (in bad mathematics):
"Plug cost 1 Agura (100 Agura(s) = 100 Agurut=1 Shekel)
Bottle cost 9 Agurut."
So, What price of bottle of Cola? or: what price of bottle (of drink)?
(1) What the answer?
(2) Is google translate true definition?
(3) Is there hidden assumption?

In Hebrew, it call Hanaha (assumption) Smuya (hidden).
google translate translate it as: Covert Discount.
I don't know if this the really context that I seek.
What the mean of assumption that me don't see in then next riddle riddle.
I gave an example:
The worker in the shop of drink said: (in bad mathematics):
"Plug cost 1 Agura (100 Agura(s) = 100 Agurut=1 Shekel)
Bottle cost 9 Agurut."
So, What price of bottle of Cola? or: what price of bottle (of drink)?
(1) What the answer?
(2) Is google translate true definition?
(3) Is there hidden assumption?

What does "plug" mean here?

Please explain the whole question as you understand it, as it is too concise to be sure of the translation. In particular, does "bottle (of drink)" mean the cost of the container alone (empty), or the cost of a bottle full of cola?

It is possible that the hidden assumption is that there is no quantity discount, but that the cola costs the same amount per unit (liter? kilogram?) no matter how much you buy.

What does "plug" mean here?

Please explain the whole question as you understand it, as it is too concise to be sure of the translation. In particular, does "bottle (of drink)" mean the cost of the container alone (empty), or the cost of a bottle full of cola?

It is possible that the hidden assumption is that there is no quantity discount, but that the cola costs the same amount per unit (liter? kilogram?) no matter how much you buy.
I was confusing and translate not good.
The answer is inside the question, we say the bottle cost 9 agurut so the bottle [is still include the plug] so the price of the bottle in 8 agurut. [without the plug]
My translation of Cola or another drink is my Mistake and the answer is:
8 Agurut.
9 - 1 = 8.

I was confusing and translate not good.
The answer is inside the question, we say the bottle cost 9 agurut so the bottle [is still include the plug] so the price of the bottle in 8 agurut. [without the plug]
My translation of Cola or another drink is my Mistake and the answer is:
8 Agurut.
9 - 1 = 8.

Ah! So the "plug" means a cork or bottle cap, perhaps; I don't think of cola bottles having "plugs", and as you suggest the problem is too simple with that interpretation to have considered it! (I was thinking that "plug" might refer to the contents of the bottle, which fills it.)

If there is a hidden assumption, perhaps it is in assuming that the price of the drink and the price of the plug are included in the stated price of the bottle. The entire problem depends on cultural knowledge of how drinks are priced and what terms mean within your culture. That makes it very difficult to deal with when you have to translate the problem.

Ah! So the "plug" means a cork or bottle cap, perhaps; I don't think of cola bottles having "plugs", and as you suggest the problem is too simple with that interpretation to have considered it! (I was thinking that "plug" might refer to the contents of the bottle, which fills it.)

If there is a hidden assumption, perhaps it is in assuming that the price of the drink and the price of the plug are included in the stated price of the bottle. The entire problem depends on cultural knowledge of how drinks are priced and what terms mean within your culture. That makes it very difficult to deal with when you have to translate the problem.
(1) What the meaning plug in the context that I gave?
You formula it as "the content of the bottle, which fills it.
Is there a differnet between the UK/European/USA mean of this as you know it?
(2) Is cork = bottle cap?
(3) There a special name for cap of Cola that isn't a plastic cap as in Israel but also has star form (as is sell in Israel too) to open it by tool like corkscrew?

(1) What the meaning plug in the context that I gave?
You formula it as "the content of the bottle, which fills it.
Is there a differnet between the UK/European/USA mean of this as you know it?
(2) Is cork = bottle cap?
(3) There a special name for cap of Cola that isn't a plastic cap as in Israel but also has star form (as is sell in Israel too) to open it by tool like corkscrew?

The question is not what I thought you meant, but what it really means! I was just trying to stretch the meaning, in order to think of something that might make sense, not knowing what the original word is. I was almost certainly wrong.

Here is a definition of "plug":

a small plastic or rubber device with metal pins that connects the end of a wire on a piece of electrical equipment to a supply of electricity
​A plug is also a spark plug

a small piece of esp. rubber or plastic that fits into a hole in order to block it:
I was trying to fill the bathtub, but Matthew kept pulling out the plug.

an advertisement for something by someone talking about it or praising it, esp. on television or radio:
He took the opportunity to put in a plug for his new book.

(Their UK definition is more detailed, but not substantially different.)

In your context, the second definition is the only appropriate one: something that fits into a hole. The only form of that I can think of that is related to a bottle would be a "cork" or "stopper". We would not use the word for a bottle cap. I don't know what "star form" you are describing. Do you have a picture?

The question is, what is the range of meaning of the original word you are translating, and what does it mean to you in this context? Then you can decide what English word best fits.

But in any case, this site is about math, not about translating from Hebrew or whatever. I don't think any of this is important for our purposes.

The question is not what I thought you meant, but what it really means! I was just trying to stretch the meaning, in order to think of something that might make sense, not knowing what the original word is. I was almost certainly wrong.

Here is a definition of "plug":
a small plastic or rubber device with metal pins that connects the end of a wire on a piece of electrical equipment to a supply of electricity
A plug is also a spark plug

a small piece of esp. rubber or plastic that fits into a hole in order to block it:
I was trying to fill the bathtub, but Matthew kept pulling out the plug.

an advertisement for something by someone talking about it or praising it, esp. on television or radio:
He took the opportunity to put in a plug for his new book.

(Their UK definition is more detailed, but not substantially different.)

In your context, the second definition is the only appropriate one: something that fits into a hole. The only form of that I can think of that is related to a bottle would be a "cork" or "stopper". We would not use the word for a bottle cap. I don't know what "star form" you are describing. Do you have a picture?

The question is, what is the range of meaning of the original word you are translating, and what does it mean to you in this context? Then you can decide what English word best fits.

But in any case, this site is about math, not about translating from Hebrew or whatever. I don't think any of this is important for our purposes.
It is not connected to form but here is a picture.

http://i.colnect.net/b/1896/902/Coca-Cola.jpg

It is not connected to form but here is a picture.

http://i.colnect.net/b/1896/902/Coca-Cola.jpg

I would call that a bottle cap. And I don't even think of it as star-shaped, though I can see how it is, in a sense. I wouldn't call the tool used to open it a corkscrew.

Words can be confusing, can't they? If only we could just use mathematical symbols for everything! (But they vary somewhat, too.)

It is, in any case, unusual to charge, or at least state, separate prices for the bottle, and its contents, and the bottle cap!

remark

P.S. The tool of this kind of Cola bottle is called bottle opener.