Speed up equation

Ryan$

Hi guys, I really don't know if it's really simple or not but I find it really hard and maybe because I don't understand what's speed up.
I've a question which is asking about what's the speed up between two cases of a laundry with the same load which at first case laundry worked 8hours to finish the load, after adding something to its engine (second case) the laundry worked 4hours, what's the speed up?! anyone can help me how to calculate the speed up with good illustrations? thanks

Hi guys, I really don't know if it's really simple or not but I find it really hard and maybe because I don't understand what's speed up.
I've a question which is asking about what's the speed up between two cases of a laundry with the same load which at first case laundry worked 8hours to finish the load, after adding something to its engine (second case) the laundry worked 4hours, what's the speed up?! anyone can help me how to calculate the speed up with good illustrations? thanks

Please always state the problem you are working on, completely, word for word (or translated carefully as a direct quotation) before asking questions about it.

"What's the speed up?" is not proper English. Possibly it means, "What is the increase in rate?" In that case, they would be asking for the difference between 1/8 hour per load and 1/4 hour per load.