PLEASE HELP YA GIRL OUT WITH THESE ALGEBRA 2 PROBLEMS

Lady_Rissa

Hey thank you for taking the time and coming in to see what i need help with. By the way im Rissa im 17 and im a junior at Palm Beach Lakes High School in Florida. I really need someone that can kind of help me get the hang of this algebra stuff. It's not that hard for me but it's the way my teacher teaches it that make it complicated to me. So if you can please help me out...God Bless.....Here's the problems....

This part is dealing with linear Equations in two variables(write an equation for the line containg the indicated point)
1.(3,1) and (1/2, 3/2)

2. (1/2, 3/2) and (-2, -1/2)

and then i need help with writing an equation in slope-intercept form for the line that has tuhe indicated slope, m, and contains the given point.

1. m= -1/2 and(4,6)

2. m=3/4 and (4,-2)

write in slope form the line containing the given point and is parallel to the given line.

1. (4,-2); y=3/4 +1/4

and the other is the same but line is perpendicular

1. (3, 11/4); y=4x+6

Lady_Rissa said:
[W]rite an equation for the line containg the indicated point[s:]
1.(3,1) and (1/2, 3/2)
2. (1/2, 3/2) and (-2, -1/2)
Where are you stuck? You've plugged the points into the slope formula you've memorized and gotten the values for m. Then what?

Lady_Rissa said:
need help with writing an equation in slope-intercept form for the line that has tuhe indicated slope, m, and contains the given point.
1. m= -1/2 and(4,6)
2. m=3/4 and (4,-2)

There are various methods for finding the line equation with the slope and a point. Which are you using? How far have you gotten?

Lady_Rissa said:
[W]rite in slope form the line containing the given point and is parallel to the given line.
1. (4,-2); y=3/4 +1/4
There is at least one typo in this exercise. Please reply with corrections, showing how far you have gotten, so we can see where you're needing help. Thank you.

Lady_Rissa said:
...and the other is the same but line is perpendicular
1. (3, 11/4); y=4x+6
Do you mean "the instructions are the same, except that 'parallel' is changed to 'perpendicular'"? If so, read the slope m off the slope-intercept equation given. Recall that perpendicular slopes are negative reciprocals (like "2/3" and "-3/2"), and compute the value of the perpendicular slope. Then plug the slope and the given point into whichever method you've been taught for finding the line equation.

Eliz.