Help

mrcutty

Can someone help me with the following problems. Thanks.

A lobster boat is situated due west of a lighthouse. A barge is 12 km south of the lobster boat. From the barge the bearing to the lighthouse is 63 degrees (12 km is the length of the side adjacent to the 63 degree bearing). How far is the lobster boat from the light house?

A recent land survey was conducted on a vacant lot where a commercial building is to be erected. The plans for the future building construction call for a building having a roof supported by two sets of beams. The beams in the front are 8 feet high and the back beams are 6.5 feet high. The distance between the front and back beams is 8 feet. At what angle will the roof lay on the front beam?

Latitude presents special mathematical considerations for cartographers. Latitude is the north-south location on the earth between the equator and the poles. Since the earth flattens slightly at the poles, a nautical mile varies with latitude. A nautical mile is given by N(e) = 6066 - 31 * cosine 2e. e represents the latitude in degrees.

What is the length of a British nautical mile at Chicago (latitude of 42 degrees)?

What is the length of a British nautical mile at the North Pole (latitude of 90 degrees)?

Express N(e) in terms of cosine e only, do not use the double angle.
At what latitude north is the length of a British nautical mile found to be 6040 feet?

A guy wire (a type of support used for example, on radio antennas) is attached to the top of a 50 foot pole and stretched to a point that is d feet from the bottom of the pole. Express the angle of inclination as a function of d.

As you posted these generally elementary trigonometry problems in the calculus section, I'm inclined to insist that you show us your attempts at solutions. If you cannot do these, you are not on the right planet, as far as calculus goes. These are prerequisites.

As you posted these generally elementary trigonometry problems in the calculus section, I'm inclined to insist that you show us your attempts at solutions. If you cannot do these, you are not on the right planet, as far as calculus goes. These are prerequisites.

Please excuse my lack of knowledge, I haven't done anything like this in over twenty years, I am not asking you to do it for me; I am asking you to show me how to do it. Point me in the right direction. Thank you.