Trapezoids

G

Hey. I need help with my geometry homework. We're on lesson 6-5 and its on trapezoids and I have to do a worksheet and I'm lost. Can someone please help me. Thanks!

I'm sorry, but you'll need to post the exercise with which you're having difficulty, before we can assist.

Thank you.

Eliz.

A specific problem would help. We do not own your book and we cannot read your mind.

I'm sorry. Let me find my worksheet and I'll show you what I need help with. I'll be right back.

Ok. Theres a trapezoid and they tell you that the median is VW;m<R=105 m<T=50;UT=10 Then they want you to fine m<s=, m<u=,m<1=...Can someone help me?

Theres a picture provided and I tried to include it but its working...what do i do?[/img]

I'm sorry, but you'll need to post a more complete description, or else follow the instructions in the FAQ for posting the image.

Thank you.

Eliz.

k.. I had to draw the trapezoid using paint....but its not working....do you have any examples of trapezoid problems?

Then try describing the trapezoid in words. What are the corner points, starting from the lower left? Are the bottom and top sides the parallel ones? On which sides (between which points) lie V and W? Are "U" and "u" related, and, if so, how? And so forth.

Thank you.

Eliz.

ok the right upper corner is R and then the left upper corner is U..and then in the middle theres V and on the other side theres W and then in the middle theres a horizontal line on that line theres some angles. Ok..on the left theres angle 1 and below it is angle 2..and then on the right side in the upper corner is angle 3..and the lower corner is angle 4.
In the right lower corner of the trapezoid is S..in the left lower corner is T..

And they give you this information...Trapezoid RSTU;Median=VW;m<R=105 m<T=50 RS=8;UT=10

m<S=
m<U=
m<1=
m<2=
m<3=
m<4=
if UR=7 and ST=17 then VW=
if ST=20 and VW=16 then RU=

can you understand it, now?

Ok. I figured out how to draw a trapezoid. I know its not the best in the world but I tried!

R____________U

V W

_1__________3___ ----this line goes in the middle of the trapezoid.
2 4

Thanks to anyone who helps me!!!!!!!!!

ok..that didn't turn out right. ITs suppose to be
R____________U

V W

S_____________T

and 1_________3

2_________4

(W is suppose to be on the opposite side of V)