no confirmation

G

I am just curious, how long does it take to recieve an email confirmation when join this site?

It isn't usually long, I don't think -- it was a matter of minutes, when I registered -- but any hold-up along the line (like in your own ISP's mail server) could delay delivery.

Eliz.

I never recieved a confirmation

My username is Melissa79. I registered today about 5 hours ago and nothing. Somebody help please.

You'll want to click on a moderator's link and send an e-mail or a private message.

Other posters (like me) are users just like you, and can't do anything about the database and scripting stuff in the background.

Eliz.

Thank you for your help, I did email a Ted so hopefully he will respond soon.
I am really desperate for help with this statistics problem. I am wondering if I may post it without being a logged in member?

There does seem to be a problem with people getting this confirmation emails. I think certain email providers are blocking the confirmation as possible spam. I'll see if there is anything I can do about that.

For your case specifically I can't find a record of a Melissa79. I do have a Melissa, but it's from a different email than the one you used when you contacted me personally. Maybe that's why you didn't receive the confirmation?

Ok when i try to re register it say my email is already used. I cant not register again? My username is Melissa79 and the site has me listed as a new member

Well I finally activated your account, sorry about the delay.

I also temporarily eliminated the mandatory account activation. It's an important feature I think, but I've been getting so many emails from people who aren't getting the confirmation emails that I think this might be a better option until I get it straightened out.

We'll see if it causes a problem with quality on the message boards. If that happens, account activation will have to come back.