no reply notification?

galactus

Super Moderator
Staff member
Has anyone else been having trouble receiving notification of replies on a topic?.

Lately, I have not been getting notification of replies when watching the

topic.

Well, if it helps any, Ted told me that he has been having problems with the automated emails. That's why people had trouble registering on the site and why I didn't receive my password. He is working on it, though.

Okay, who else is having problems with getting emails? I know Gene has been having this problem for a while now. For those of you who aren't getting various emails: What email provider do you have? (i.e. aol, earthlink, MSN, etc.)

Ted

I have pennswoods.net It always worked fine until recently. I have checked my quarantined mail, thinking possibly my ISP put it there, but no.

I have aol mail, but when I checked my spam folder or junk mail, the emails weren't there.

For some reason I just got a message like this when I posted my last message:
. . .
Ran into problems sending Mail. Response: 550 Authentication turned on in your email client.

DEBUG MODE

Line : 165
File : smtp.php

Probably. I just got it, too, but was allowed to post on the second try.

Edit: Actually, the post went through the first time. If you get the "e-mail error" thing, open the forum category in another window or tab, and you'll likely see that your reply has been appended to the thread.

Who knows? All these errors may turn out to be the result of some minor setting that the server host changed but forgot to mention. I have one script on my own site that I keep needing to "fix" for that very reason.

(Note: By "fix" I mean "change a setting in the script to un-do whatever change the host made but didn't tell me about".)

Eliz.

Yeah I've been playing around with the email settings trying to figure out why you guys aren't getting your emails but I am. Let's see if it's working better now. You shouldn't get that error message anymore either btw.