Accurate Thread Titles

What do you think?

• Good Idea?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ChaoticLlama

Just throwing an idea out here. Maybe we should implement some kind of policy that would require people to name their threads better.

I'm tired of seeing "HELLPP!!!" or "calculus" or "Math suxxx!!11 one"

I don't know about anyone else, but they aren't very descriptive and remove from the apparent quality of the site itself.

Consider something to the effect of first offense a warning to name their thread properly, second and concurrent offenses, continued deletions of topics until they get it.

I think the Cut-the-Knot forums have a policy along those lines. Something like "Any thread demanding instant help or titled in all caps with twelve exclamation marks will be deleted as rude."

That's a cool policy.... :twisted: :lol:

Eliz.

I agree with you guys that its annoying when people post topics like HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and things like that. It generally doesn't bother me too much, but I don't spend 5% of the time you guys do around here (thanks btw ;)).

I don't think there's really anything we can do about it though. A lot of people just come once or twice and so I don't think warnings or such would do any good. I also don't like the idea of deleting threads... I know you guys aren't being 100% serious about that but I'm inclined to just let it go.

Therefore, here is my position: As always, don't feel obligated to answer any particular post. I have no problem at all if you want to bypass the rude posts or the unclear subject posts. If you want to, feel free to edit the subjects to be a little more descriptive. I do that from time to time, and you can too (if you are a mod).

Ted

Policies are far easier to establish than the enforcement of compliance.

We need a PSA with a catchy jingle!