So here's the deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted

Administrator
Staff member
At some point Thursday night the DNS information at my webhost got messed up. Apparently it was a "synchronization problem," although I don't really know what that means.

Basically this site used to be hosted on one server, but when I upgraded to a different plan in May 04, the site was moved to a new server. I would have assumed the old data on the old server was erased, but it didn't really matter.

On Thursday night somehow the DNS server got messed up and started routing all freemathhelp.com traffic to the old server. That's how come it was like we jumped back in time to May 2004. I immediately contacted the hosting company and they straightened it out. Unfortunately, with the way the internet works, we had to wait for the correct routing information to propagate around the internet. Some of you got access back on Thursday night, and some of you may be just getting back now. I got access back late on Friday night.

So - everything should be normal now. I don't think there should be any more problems with this event, but if you notice anything out of the ordinary please let me know.

Thanks for hanging in there

Ted

Status
Not open for further replies.